Medical malpractice is the term used when a physician, surgeon or other health care provider fails to exercise an adequate level of skill, diligence or care relating to the treatment of his or her patient. These types of cases are highly complex, and to succeed, a South Carolina medical malpractice attorney must be able to show that the medical professional or institution failed to exercise sufficient care, resulting in an injury or death.
The law firm of Connor & Connor, LLC, handles medical malpractice and medical negligence cases involving:
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis of lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, heart disease and other serious illnesses.
- Hospital injury situations such as pressure ulcers/bedsores, deep vein thrombosis, MRSA, avoidable infections and more.
- Birth injuries such as brain injuries or spinal cord injuries during birth, cerebral palsy, C-section errors, brachial plexus palsy, Erb's palsy, fetal death and more.
- Surgical errors such as wrong site surgery, retained objects, bowel perforations, anesthesia errors, infections and other issues.
- Dangerous medication errors such as doctors or staff prescribing or administering wrong medications, dosing the wrong patients and more.
- Other instances of malpractice such as radiology misreads, failure to obtain informed consent, emergency room errors, performing below-standard treatment and more.
Connor & Connor, LLC, works with some of the country's most respected medical experts, who are retained to help establish the connection between the health care provider's negligence and our client's injury.
Connor & Connor, LLC, handles medical malpractice and medical negligence claims in Aiken, Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Spartanburg, Myrtle Beach, Florence and all other areas of South Carolina.